Hello, my name is Jennifer Goldin. I am thrilled to be teaching here at Northwest Guilford High School. This is my 25th year in the teaching field. I am originally from Long Island, New York. My husband and I moved down to North Carolina about 17 years ago with our two children. I am a big fan of the New York Giants and New York Islanders. I am an avid reader, love to travel, and of course LOVE Mathematics. I have a wide range of teaching experience. I have taught in the elementary school setting for 19 of my 25 years of teaching. I have taught 9 years in New York and 10 years at Oak Ridge Elementary School. During those elementary school years, I have taught, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th grade, as well as teaching the Academically Gifted in Math for grades 3-5. For three years, I taught Middle School Mathematics; Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, and High School Geometry, at Our Lady of Grace Catholic School, here in Greensboro. I am in year 3 here at Northwest Guilford High! This year, I will be teaching Foundations of Mathematics 1, Math 1, and Math 2 Honors. We are going to have an Amazing year in math. I am always here to assist you with whatever questions you may have. Let's go make this the best year yet, Pandemic or No Pandemic!!!!
My daily 2020/2021 schedule is as follows:
Period 1: Math 1/ Link to Canvas for Math 1
Period 2: Foundations of Math 1/ Link to Canvas for Foundations of Math 1
Period 3: Foundations of Math 1/ Link to Canvas for Foundations of Math 1
Period 4: Lunch / Planning
Period 5: Math 1/ Link to Canvas for Math 1
Period 6: Math 2 Honors/ Link to Canvas for Math 2 Honors
A MAJOR part of our school year is going to be: COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION, AND MORE COMMUNICATION!!
1. The best way to communicate will be through Canvas. You can directly message me or Mrs. Clayton on there and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
2. Most information about our classes will be given to you on Canvas. All lessons, Assessments, Assignments, Important Information, School Information, Grading, Live Lessons, and Messaging will be available to read or access on Canvas. Each week there will be Lessons uploaded for you to follow with instructions, times, and due dates.
3. We will also have LIVE lessons. This will be just like we were in the classroom. Please be ready to bring questions or concerns to these Live Lessons. These lessons will be just as if we were in the classroom. The material will be taught and you will interact with us about this material. ALL Lessons WILL BE recorded so that you can go back to view them after our time is up. This also is great in case you are sick or you just want to go back and review, you can go back anytime to watch them at any time.
4. I also have Google Voice. The phone number is (336) 517-7998. Please leave a message with a good phone number for which you can be reached. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
5. Please see the emails for Mrs. Clayton and me below.
This is still a very uncertain time, myself, and Mrs. Clayton, are always here to help and answer any questions or concerns you may have. Our emails are as follows:
Mrs. Goldin - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Clayton - email@example.com
6. At Northwest Guilford HS- 336-605-3300 Ext. 206642
7. Please Sign Up for My REMIND:
If you have a cellphone. Please take it out and text the following code to where you see your class period with me:
Everyone, Send Texts to 81010
In the Message, please type the following code to gain access to your Class Period's Remind:
Period 1 (Math 1): @f94ff8
Period 2 (Foundations of Math 1): @8h9kaff
Period 3 (Foundations of Math 1): @7e24aa
Period 5 (Math 1): @8fhd48a
Period 6 (Math 2 Honors): @97ddfd