Hello, my name is Jennifer Goldin. I am thrilled to be teaching here at Northwest Guilford High School. This is my 26th year in the teaching field. I am originally from Long Island, New York. My husband and I moved down to North Carolina about 17 years ago with our two children. I am a big fan of the New York Giants and New York Islanders. I am an avid reader, love to travel, and of course LOVE Mathematics. I have a wide range of teaching experience. I have taught in the elementary school setting for 19 of my 25 years of teaching. I have taught 9 years in New York and 10 years at Oak Ridge Elementary School. During those elementary school years, I have taught, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th grade, as well as teaching the Academically Gifted in Math for grades 3-5. For three years, I taught Middle School Mathematics; Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, and High School Geometry, at Our Lady of Grace Catholic School, here in Greensboro. This is my 4th year here at Northwest Guilford High! This year, I will be teaching Math 2 Honors and CP Math 2.
I have a daughter and a son. My daughter just graduated from Northwest and was a four year member of the Northwest Guilford HS Marching Band and Winter Color Guard. She was also a member of the Speech and Debate Team, The Key Club, and the National Honor Society. She also was a member of the LLS team raising money for patients with Blood Cancer. She is now a freshman at Clemson University...... Go Tigers!!!!! She is a Communications Major with a minor in Business. My son is a Senior here at Northwest Guilford and he is in his 5th year of being a member of the Northwest Guilford Marching Band and Winter Color Guard. He is also a member of the Key Club, National Honor Society, and worked with the LLS team to earn money for patients with Blood Cancer. He is currently working on his college essays and hopes to go to either High Point University, Elon University, or NC State for Forensic Science.
We are going to have an Amazing year in math. I am always here to assist you with whatever questions you may have. Let's go make this the best year yet, Pandemic or No Pandemic!!!!
My daily 2021/2022 schedule and Links to Your Period's Canvas Page, is as follows:
Period 1: Math 2 Honors/ Math 2 Honors Periods 1 and 6
Period 2: CP Math 2 Inclusion/ CP Math 2 Periods 2, 3, and 5
Period 3: CP Math 2 Inclusion/ CP Math 2 Periods 2, 3, and 5
Period 4: Lunch / Planning
Period 5: CP Math 2/ CP Math 2 Periods 2, 3, and 5
Period 6: Math 2 Honors/ Math 2 Honors Periods 1 and 6
A MAJOR part of our school year is going to be: COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION, AND MORE COMMUNICATION!!
1. The best way to communicate will be through Canvas. You can directly message me on there and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
2. Most information about our classes will be given to you on Canvas. Some Assessments, All Assignments, Important Information, School Information, and Messaging will be available to read or access on Canvas. There will be Assignments uploaded for you to follow with instructions, times, and due dates. Live Grading though will be found with 24/7 access on Power School. Please make sure to sign in, at least weekly, to be on top of where your grades are. Please share this information with parents/guardians. This will help to make adjustments to studying/tutoring, quickly, so that you are not stressed at the end of a Quarter trying to pass Math. It is your responsibility to check your grades.
3. Right now, all instruction will be In Person. We will also have LIVE lessons, if Guilford County so deems us to go Virtual. This will be just like as if we were in the classroom. Please be ready to bring questions or concerns to these Live Lessons. The material will be taught and you will interact with us about this material. ALL Lessons WILL BE recorded so that you can go back to view them after our time is up. This also is great in case you are sick or you just want to go back and review, you can go back anytime to watch them at any time. This will be communicated to all students and parents, if Guilford County needs us to go Virtual.
4. Please see the my email information below:
This is still a very uncertain time...... I am always here to help and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Mrs. Goldin - firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Northwest Guilford HS- 336-605-3300
6. Please Sign Up for My REMIND:
If you have a cellphone. Please take it out and text the following code to where you see your class period with me:
Everyone, Send Texts to 81010
In the Message, please type the following code to gain access to your Class Period's Remind:
Period 1 (Math 2 Honors): @f682222a
Period 2 (CP Math 2/ Inclusion): @cbdce28
Period 3 (CP Math 2/Inclusion): @period3cpm
Period 5 (CP Math 2): @period5cpm
Period 6 (Math 2 Honors): @fkacch9