Passport is back! On August 31, Brooks Global Studies will launch Passport 2.0! We are excited about bringing back this component of our global magnet. Here are some tips to help the first month of preparation go smoothly:
- Help your child study. This week, your child should have received the map to study for the first Passport Pass Off. Next week, we will be sending out a blank map for practice and a video showing what students and parents should expect from their first Passport Pass Off. Here are a couple of great links to practice basic geography: https://online.seterra.com/en and http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/Geography.htm
- Understand your child’s expectations. Each grade level has expectations for Passport 2.0. Their progress will be recorded on their interims. Here are the grade level expectations:
- Second Grade: Through Level 2 each month
- Third and Fourth Grades: Through Level 3 each month
- Fifth Grade: Through Level 4 each month
- Geography Club: Students who pass all five levels of Passport each month will receive an invitation to join our school’s Geography Club.
- Join our Passport 2.0 Volunteer Team. We need a large team of volunteers to help once a month from either 7:35am to 8:30am and from 2:00pm to 2:30pm. Please visit our Signup Genius Link to time up for the time that best fits your schedule: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e44adab28ab9-passport
If you have any questions, please contact Senora Trujillo (email@example.com) or Mr. MJ (firstname.lastname@example.org).