Have you ever considered Governor’s School?
- The Governor's School of North Carolina is a 4-week summer residential program for advanced, gifted and talented high school students, integrating academic disciplines, the arts, and unique courses on each of two campuses.
- Click here to attend Virtual Governor's School Informational Meetings (October 19th and October 21, 2021)
- What is Governor's School (Video)?
- The North Carolina Governor’s School is a unique, enriching experience
- 11th graders may apply in all areas: Academics, Arts, Choral Music, Dance, Instrumental Music, Theater
- 10th graders can ONLY apply in three areas: Choral Music, Instrumental Music, Dance
- The curriculum focuses on the exploration of the most recent ideas and concepts in each discipline, and it does not involve credit, tests, or grades. Students are selected to attend through a competitive process after being nominated by their public school unit or non-public school.
- If you are interested in applying, click here and complete the Interest Form by October 25, 2021
- Deadline to submit the FINAL application to Dr. Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org is November 8, 2021
a) Live in North Carolina
b) Attend a North Carolina public school
c) 11th graders may apply in both the areas of academic, Choral Music, Instrumental Music and Dance
e) 10th grader may ONLY apply in the areas of Choral Music, Instrumental Music and Dance
- Click http://www.ncgovschool.org/overview/ to read the Governor's School Overview
- Student Application (Click here to apply - Make sure you DOWNLOAD application BEFORE completing)
- Teacher Recommendation Form (Click here - DOWNLOAD form BEFORE completing)
- Please note that teachers must email Recommendation Form directly to the student's school counselor, not the student
- Frequently Asked Questions (Spanish/Espanol)
- Application Tips (Spanish/Espanol)
- Frequently Asked Questions (French)
- Application Tips (French)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Arabic)
- Application Tips (Arabic)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Urdu)
- Application Tips (Urdu)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Swahili)
- Application Tips (Swahili)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Vietnamese)
- Application Tips (Vietnamese)
If you have additional questions, contact Dr. Meadows (School Counselor) at email@example.com