Have you ever considered Governor’s School?
- The Governor's School of North Carolina is a 5½-week summer residential program for gifted and talented high school students, integrating academic disciplines, the arts, and unique courses on each of two campuses.
- The North Carolina Governor’s School is a unique, enriching experience for 11th graders (areas of academics and performing/visual arts) and 10th graders (area of performing/visual arts only).
- The curriculum focuses on the exploration of the most recent ideas and concepts in each discipline, and it does not involve credit, tests, or grades. Students are selected to attend through a competitive process after being nominated by their public school unit or non-public school.
- If you are interested in applying, click here and complete the Interest Form by October 14, 2020
- Deadline to submit the FINAL application to Dr. Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org is October 26, 2020
a) Live in North Carolina
b) Attend a North Carolina public school
c) 11th grade at the time of nomination
d) 11th grade can apply in both the areas of academic, Choral Music, Instrumental Music and Dance
e) 10th grade can ONLY apply in the areas of Choral Music, Instrumental Music and Dance
- Click http://www.ncgovschool.org/overview/ to read the Governor's School Overview
- Student Application (Click here to apply)
- Teacher Recommendation Form (Click here)
- Please note that teachers must email Recommendation Form directly to the student's school counselor, not the student
- Frequently Asked Questions (Spanish/Espanol)
- Application Tips (Spanish/Espanol)
- Frequently Asked Questions (French)
- Application Tips (French)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Arabic)
- Application Tips (Arabic)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Urdu)
- Application Tips (Urdu)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Swahili)
- Application Tips (Swahili)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Vietnamese)
- Application Tips (Vietnamese)
If you have additional questions, contact Dr. Meadows (School Counselor) at email@example.com