I am very pleased to be joining the SEMS Falcon team! This is my first year teaching at SEMS and I am looking forward to getting to know my students, and the community.
I come to SEMS from Western Guilford, where I taught Drafting classes. I am a proud graduate of UNC Greensboro, and hold degrees in Business Education and Interior Architecture. When I am not at school I enjoy travelling, making art, and spending time with my husband.
The best way to reach me is through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year I will be teaching a course that is brand new to SEMS and to Guilford County. The course, Exploring Careers and Employment, is a place where students can learn about careers, and engage in hands-on activities that relate to those careers. To read more about the class, see the article below.
Please consider donating materials to the class. We need the following:
- Toy action figures, Legos, and items that can be used to create stop-motion animation
- Modeling clay or Play-doh
- Hot glue sticks
- Small backdrop for stop-motion photography
- Portable tabletop frame for robotics programming assignments
- Cow’s Milk, Soy Milk, or Almond Milk (will be frozen for future use)
- Bananas (will be frozen for future use)
- Carnation Breakfast Essentials mix (used to be called “Instant Breakfast”)
- Quart-size zipper storage bags
- Screw-top plastic storage containers
- Paper Towels
- 8 or 12 oz. disposable cups
- Gift cards to Food Lion for consumable supplies
- Parenting and child magazines
- Interior design and architecture magazines
- Old CDs
- 9 volt, C, and D batteries
- Ask me – we might be able to use lots of items for building and creating our projects!