I am very pleased to be joining the SEMS Falcon team! This is my first year teaching at SEMS and I am looking forward to getting to know my students, and the community.
I come to SEMS from Western Guilford, where I taught Drafting classes. I am a proud graduate of UNC Greensboro, and hold degrees in Business Education and Interior Architecture. When I am not at school I enjoy travelling, making art, and spending time with my husband.
The best way to reach me is through email at email@example.com.
This year I will be teaching a course that is brand new to SEMS and to Guilford County. The course, Exploring Careers and Employment, is a place where students can learn about careers, and engage in hands-on activities that relate to those careers. To read more about the class, see the article below.
College and Career Ready Lab Update
The new equipment is installed, and we are up and running!
Please consider donating materials to the class. We need the following:
- Toy action figures, Legos, and items that can be used to create stop-motion animation
- Modeling clay or Play-doh
- Hot glue sticks
- Small backdrop for stop-motion photography
- Portable tabletop frame for robotics programming assignments
- Cow’s Milk, Soy Milk, or Almond Milk (will be frozen for future use)
- Bananas (will be frozen for future use)
- Carnation Breakfast Essentials mix (used to be called “Instant Breakfast”)
- Quart-size zipper storage bags
- Screw-top plastic storage containers
- Paper Towels
- 8 or 12 oz. disposable cups
- Gift cards to Food Lion for consumable supplies
- Parenting and child magazines
- Interior design and architecture magazines
- Old CDs
- 9 volt, C, and D batteries
- Ask me – we might be able to use lots of items for building and creating our projects!