Hello Cone Cougars and Families! My name is Mr. Ronnie Armstrong and I will be one of your Professional School Counselors for this academic school year. I will be working with kindergarten, second grade, and fourth grade. This is my first year as a Cone Cougar and I am very excited to join the Cougar Family!
I am a Greensboro native who graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I also received my Master of Science and Specialist in Education degrees in School Counseling from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I am also a member of the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) and Chi Sigma Iota, Counseling Academic and Professional Honor Society International. I strive to positively impact the school community by providing tools and encouraging opportunities for each student to learn more about themselves and the world around them. One saying that I work by is “If you can dream, you can do it”-Walt Disney. I believe that if students believe that they can achieve, they will be one step closer to reaching their greatest potential and becoming our future leaders in society.
I will be working with your students in:
- Classroom Guidance- Teaching lessons on character education and other needed skills
- Group Counseling- Providing small groups services on anger management, stress reduction, and other topics
- Individual Counseling- Providing individual sessions to promote student academic pursuits, social-emotional development and career exploration
- Collaboration- Collaborating with teachers, parents, and other school staff to provide programming
- Consultation- Supporting students who many need IST, 504, mental health referrals, and other services
Don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you have regarding your student(s). You can reach me by calling Cone Elementary's main office and/or via email.
Mr. Ronnie Armstrong, MS, EdS, NCC
School Counselor (Kindergarten, 2nd grade and 4th grade)
336-375-2595 Ext. 1205
November Character Trait
- Being considerate, helpful, and understanding.
- Showing empathy, compassion and generosity.
- Treating others as you would like to be treated.