Welcome to the Counseling page for Kindergarten, Second Grade and Fourth Grade for the 2019-2020 school year! My name is Mr. Armstrong and I am very excited to join the Cougar Family as your professional school Counselor! I am a Greensboro native who graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I also received my Master of Science and Specialist in Education degrees in School Counseling from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I strive to positively impact the school community by providing tools and encouraging opportunities for each student to learn more about themselves and the world around them. I believe that if students believe that they can achieve, they will be one step closer to reaching their greatest potential and becoming our future leaders in society.
I will be working with your students in:
- Classroom Guidance- Teaching lessons on character education and other needed skills
- Group Counseling- Providing small groups services on anger management, stress reduction, and other topics
- Individual Counseling- Providing individual sessions to promote student academic pursuits, social-emotional development and career exploration
- Collaboration- Collaborating with teachers, parents, and other school staff to provide programming
- Consultation- Supporting students who many need IST, 504, mental health referrals, and other services
I am very excited to work with you and your student this school year. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.
Mr. Armstrong, MS, EdS, NCC
School Counselor (Kindergarten, 2nd grade and 4th grade)
336-375-2595 Ext. 1205
336-541-6702 (remote number)