- The Guilford County Board of Education approved an annual fee of $45 for each athlete regardless of the number of sports played.
- A student enrolled in an early college, middle college, or other school without a sports program will pay the fee at the student’s base sports school.
- No athletic fees will be collected by schools until after tryouts and the coach has placed the student on the team roster.
- Students whose families cannot afford the one-time athletic fee may apply for a waiver. (See the AD for Waiver)
- The fee does not guarantee playing time.
- The fee does not guarantee a team’s schedule will include a certain number of contests.
- GCS is still collecting the annual $45 fee for athletics, but the waiver process has changed.
- Families will need to meet two (2) out of three (3) criteria for the waiver. Only families who meet two or more criteria for a hardship will need to request the letter and provide supporting documents.
- If after reviewing the revised information you feel you do meet the hardship criteria and plan to submit an athletic fee waiver request, you should request a copy of the free and reduced-price meals approval letter from GCS School Nutrition Services. Most student-athletes will not need the letter.
- Online (K12 Payment Center)