NHS Spring Application Packets
Completed packets are due today, Friday, February 4th by 5:30 PM in 303 A.
Late or incomplete packets will not be accepted. Be sure to have/do the following:
1. Have all information filled out in the packet.
2. Have signatures and proof of community service (see packet for examples of this.).
3. When you come in, sign up for your interview--take a reminder slip or take a picture or add it to your phone calendar. Links to your virtual interview will be sent to the email provided and or your student email in outlook.
4. Have all of your recommendations. If you had one sent to me or Ms. Bryant, it is your responsibility to ask for it to be added to your packet. We are not responsible for your recommendations and we are not tracking them.
The Spring Application Period is LIVE!
Taking applications from January 19th to February 4th, 5:30 PM.
- Recording of Live Meeting
- Presentation in Meeting
- NHS Spring Application Packet
- Teacher Recommendation Form (You need 5 of these)
If you have any questions, contact Mrs. Oates (firstname.lastname@example.orgA) or Ms. Aliyah Bryant (email@example.comG).
NHS Spring Induction Information Coming Soon. 2022.
Hello Seniors! Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year as National Honor Society members.
Soon, a schedule will come out to you for the year's meeting dates using the email we have on file.
At our September meeting we will nominate officers and hold an election. Once officers are chosen, we will start our Fall service learning project.
Please remember that your annual NHS dues are due by the September meeting to be eligible for an officer position and to be considered an active member. Inactive members are placed on probation until obligations are met. If there is a hardship please contact Mrs. Oates or Ms. Aliyah Bryant as soon as possible.
Please review your NHS bylaws and contact us with any questions.
Thank you and we look forward to the upcoming school year.
Juniors and seniors with a 3.7 weighted GPA are invited to apply for National Honor Society between September and October--we will send out formal letters and emails for you to apply. Students should have school and community service hours.
After the application and essay are complete, an interview will be scheduled. Once the application is scored, letters and emails will go out for acceptance or denial.
Denied apps go to the principal and students who want to appeal may send a formal letter to appeal the denial. Once the principal decides, letters are sent out to reflect the decision.
Induction is held in December. The first meeting for new inductees will be in January.
Students will then complete a contract and pay dues of $40. Without the contract and dues, students are not fully participating members and are placed on probation. Students below a 3.7 are also placed on probation.
Once contracts, dues, or grade issues are taken care of, then students are taken off probation. If students cannot resolve these, membership is revoked.
New members will participate in a Spring service-learning project that the group will decide on. In the past we have held food and clothing drives and also have donated to the animal shelter.
Seniors are invited to apply for the National Honor Society Scholarship in the Fall of their senior year. Awards go from $500 to $25,000.