The following Standard Mode of Dress will be required for all students. When shopping for school clothes, please follow these guidelines. Pay close attention to fabrics. No form-fitting garments that may cause distractions will be allowed.
Each grade level is assigned a color for shirts and other tops.
8th grade color is Green.
7th grade color is Grey.
6th grade color is Black.
Pants may be denim, black, grey, tan, navy, or blue.
SMOD Tops and Jackets
- must have a collar
- must be long enough to be tucked in at all times
- can be short or long sleeved
- must be buttoned and worn appropriately
- must be in a solid color and logo may not be larger than credit card sized
- CANNOT have designs
- must be in the grade level color
- must be solid in color
- must be worn over an approved collared shirt
- may have a round or v-neck or cardigan style
- may have a plain, buttoned, or zippered front
- sleeves should be no longer than the wrist
- can be flat front of pleated "Chino" style twill with straight leg
- should be black, grey, tan, navy, or blue
- shorts, skirts and skorts should be knee length or longer
- capris should be mid-calf to knee length
- cannot be hip huggers, skin tight, or above the knee
- must be worn at the waist at all times and not be too baggy or too tight
- must be solid in color and logo cannot be larger than credit card sized
- Form fitting spandex material, Nylon, oversized pants, stripes or patterns, jumpsuits/overalls, clothing with holes, cut-up or cut-off shorts, sweat pants, joggers, pajama pants, leggings or jeggings are not allowed. Pants may not be tucked into socks.
- Leggings may only be worn under pants. Pants with tears or holes can only be worn over leggings.
- Belts may be worn with clothing that has belt loops. Chain belts are not allowed.
- Flip flops, slides, and slippers are not allowed.
- Clothing should not create distractions. Students should not wear immodestly open shirts, low-cut tops, or hip-hugging pants, capris, skirts or shorts.
During the school day:
- outerwear must be stored in lockers. Outerwear includes, but is not limited to, rai gear, jackets, non-SMOD approved jackets, coats, hats.
- Hats, any headgear, and non-prescription glasses are special forms of outerwear that must be removed upon entering the school building and should be stored in a locker.
- the cafeteria is considered a "classroom for purposes of enforcing the dress code.
- blankets, do-rags, scarves, and bandannas are not allowed.
8th Grade is Green, 7th Grade is Grey, 6th Grade is Black