General Resources for Grades K-5
Please explore the websites to find educational activities and games for your child. It is important for your child to continue reading every single day. It is also important to review math fluency with your child, such as counting, skip counting, addition and subtraction facts, and multiplication facts. Thank you for your support at home to ensure that your child maintains their learning!
Websites with free activities:
GCS curated resources for all grades and subjects :
Library and Reading Resources:
Open Library ~ https://openlibrary.org/ ~ 1 million free e-books, Some are available in audio format as well.
International Children’s Digital Library ~ http://en.childrenslibrary.org/ ~ 1,000s of free ebook as well as videos and audiobooks
We Give Books ~ http://www.wegivebooks.org/books ~ Picture books for ages 0-10, You must either login ( it is by First Book ) or create a free account
Storyline Online ~ http://www.storylineonline.net/ ~ Actors and Actresses read books aloud. Wonderful for Elementary.
Unite for Literacy ~ http://uniteforliteracy.com/ ~ Picture books that have audio in many different languages. Perfect for our ESL students learning to read English.
NC Live ~ https://www.nclive.org/ Free access to ebooks, audiobooks, videos, online magazines, newspapers, journals
Greensboro & High Point Library
Students will login by using GCS + student number. The PIN is birth day + birth year.
- It is the same for both Greensboro and High Point Library System.
- Students will gain 24/7 access to an array of online resources provided by both the Greensboro Public Library and the High Point Public Library.
- Students will be able to borrow 10 total items at any given time, with a maximum of 5 electronic items.
- Students will login by using GCS + student number. The PIN is birth day + birth year.
- There are no overdue fines for GOALS library accounts. However, students and their parents/guardians will be responsible for the cost of lost materials.
- All GCS students are automatically enrolled in the GOALS program. Your Principal has an opt-out form available for parents not wanting their child to participate in the initiative.
Newsela ~ https://newsela.com/ ~ Online news articles that can be differentiated to different lexile levels within the same article. Now has a comprehension quiz and writing prompt attached.
- Create a free teacher account and then make a class
- Students then create a free account with the code you give them for their class