Grimsley Back To School Updates
Visit Guilford County School Reopening News site for the most up to date information on our school reopening.
LIVE TEACHING SCHEDULE BEGINS September 2 as a "Trial Run"
(See Class schedule in menu to the left)
Student Logins - All of them
Trouble getting into Teams? Go to http://www.microsoft.com/teams - Sign username: StudentIDfirstname.lastname@example.org PW: mmddyyyy (birthdate)
Laptop Update: New laptops will not be available before October. We are receiving a few returns and donations, and we are calling this waitlist in order. If you want to be on the list, Join the Remind by sending a text message needlaptop to 81010.
Need a Schedule Change?
Contact your Counselor via email:
Where can I view the Virtual Whirlie Nation Open House Video?
Each year, Grimsley welcomes our community back to school with a campus celebration that features tours and introductions to teachers and the Whirlie Way. This year, the Whirlie Nation Celebration streamed the open house form the Grimsley Facebook page.
Virtual Learning Schedule Beginning on September 8th - Trial Run begins September 2.
Day / Time
9 - 9:55 am
10 – 11:15
11:20 – 12:35
12:35 – 1 pm
1:05 – 2:20
2:25 - 3:40
PLC /Dept. Mtgs.
Remote Learning /
How can I access the Grimsley Food Pantry (Grimsley Goods)
When can Seniors book yearbook portraits? Book Now
How do I observe my student’s classes in Canvas?
Create a Parent/Guardian Observer Account for Canvas
- Log into Student Canvas Account via ncedcloud.org
- Go to Account by clicking the person icon in top left of screen
- Select Settings
- Click the “Pair With Observer” button (lower right of screen or bottom of screen depending on device)
- Write down the code
Then the parent/guardian creates the account by…
- Go to https://gcs.instructure.com/login/canvas(this is not the same link as for students, please make sure you use this url)
- Select “Parent of a Canvas User? Click here for an account”
- Enter your name, email, choose a password, and enter the pairing code (#5 from above)
- Start observing!
Still having trouble? Email School Librarian, Jen Worrells, for assistance. email@example.com
SMART Phone Access
Once you have your Pairing Code, you can download the Canvas Parent App to your Android or iOS Device. To locate GCS in the App, enter gcs.instructure.com to search for school. Select “Create An Account” and use your Student’s Pairing Code.
Can parents join classroom Teams meetings?
No. If you wish to see what it is happening in the classroom, you can sit beside your student at their device.
My student does not have a device. What can they do?
We recognize that every student will need a device and are working with the district to get more for distribution. Currently, if your student(s) do not have a device:
- Make sure you are on the list to receive one when available.
Text @needlaptop to 81010 (once you have received a device, please remove yourself from this Remind list.
- Students should read every day. They can familiarize themselves with their textbooks (see textbook pick up schedule above).
- If your student has a Smart Phone, they can download the Canvas and Teams Apps in order to view and join live meeting with Teachers. This is not ideal, but will help keep your student up-to-date until they have a device.
Submit a question you would like to have answered here.