Remote Learning Schedule, FAQs, Chromebooks - Second Semester
Visit Guilford County School Reopening News site for the most up to date information on our school reopening.
Parents: Need help with Canvas? GPA collaborates with Blended Learning and GCS’ teachers to offer virtual live help on the Canvas platform. Parents have the opportunity to receive support and strengthen their skills on Canvas. Parents can ask questions or share concerns related to Canvas for feedback. Every Tuesday and Thursday from 6- 8 pm. Register Here.
Student Logins - Click here for all student logins. If your NCEDCloud / Canvas account needs to be reset, you must contact one of your teachers. Link to Staff Directory.
Trouble getting into Teams? Go to http://www.microsoft.com/teams - Sign username: StudentIDemail@example.com PW: mmddyyyy (birthdate)
Need more Tech Help? Complete this form to be directed to the best contact.
Laptop Update: GCS has purchased laptops for all students. We will schedule pick-up for Lenovo Chromebooks in the coming weeks. If you or your student does not have a dedicated device to access classes daily, please be sure their counselor and teachers are aware of this.
Visit the GCS Chromebooks Website to learn more about the new devices.
Test Days In order to prevent multiple tests and any given day, Grimsley has an assigned Test Day schedule.
Monday: Arts, CTE, PE, JROTC
Wednesday: Social Studies
Thursday: English and Global Language
Contact your Counselor via email:
Where can I view the Virtual Whirlie Nation Open House Video?
Each year, Grimsley welcomes our community back to school with a campus celebration that features tours and introductions to teachers and the Whirlie Way. This year, the Whirlie Nation Celebration streamed the open house from the Grimsley Facebook page.
How to Create a Parent/Guardian Observer Account for Canvas
- Log into Student Canvas Account via ncedcloud.org
- Go to Account by clicking the person icon in top left of screen
- Select Settings
- Click the “Pair With Observer” button (lower right of screen or bottom of screen depending on device)
- Write down the code
Then the parent/guardian creates the account by…
- Go to https://gcs.instructure.com/login/canvas(this is not the same link as for students, please make sure you use this url)
- Select “Parent of a Canvas User? Click here for an account”
- Enter your name, email, choose a password, and enter the pairing code (#5 from above)
- Start observing!
Still having trouble? Email School Librarian, Jen Worrells, for assistance. firstname.lastname@example.org
SMART Phone Access
Once you have your Pairing Code, you can download the Canvas Parent App to your Android or iOS Device. To locate GCS in the App, enter gcs.instructure.com to search for school. Select “Create An Account” and use your Student’s Pairing Code.
Can parents join classroom Teams meetings?
No. If you wish to see what it is happening in the classroom, you can sit beside your student at their device.
My student does not have a device. What can they do?
We recognize that every student will need a device and are working with the district to get more for distribution. Currently, if your student(s) do not have a device:
- Make sure you are on the list to receive one when available.
Text @needlaptop to 81010 (once you have received a device, please remove yourself from this Remind list.
- Students should read every day. They can familiarize themselves with their textbooks (see textbook pick up schedule above).
- If your student has a Smart Phone, they can download the Canvas and Teams Apps in order to view and join a live meeting with Teachers. This is not ideal but will help keep your student up-to-date until they have a device.
Grimsley 2nd Semester Schedule