Whom Am I?
I am Laura Howard and I am thrilled to be working with your eLearner this year in Science! I received my B.S. degree in Biology from Erskine College and my Master of Arts in Teaching from Winthrop University. I am a National Board Certified teacher and this is my 17th year teaching science (my 6th year teaching virtually).
How to Reach Me
If you need me, please feel free to reach out anytime.
Phone: Please check for this on the homepage of my Canvas course
Finding Science Assignments, Grades, and Feedback
All of the course content, grades, and teacher feedback for your student can be found on my Science course Canvas page.
Setting Up a Canvas Observer Account
Please set up a Parent Observer Account so that you can observe your student's work and see emails that I send. To set up a Canvas Observer Account:
First, In the student’s Canvas Account…
1. Go to Account by clicking the person icon in top left of screen
2. Then select Settings
3. Then click the “Pair With Observer” button (lower right of screen or bottom of screen depending on device)
4. Write down the code
Then the parent/guardian creates the account by…
1. Going to https://gcs.instructure.com/login/canvas
2. Select “Parent of a Canvas User? Click here for an account”
3. Enter your name, email, choose a password, and enter the pairing code (#4 from above)
4. Start observing!
Setting Up a Power Parent Account
Also, please make sure you have set up your account through the Power Parent Portal so you can view your student's grades at any time. Here are directions for signing up for your Power Parent account.