The different ways parents can get their bus stop information:
“Here Comes the Bus” can provide you your child’s scheduled arrival and drop off times at home and school, real time notifications when your child’s bus is near your pick-up location. You can access bus information by logging onto your “Here Comes the Bus” account or by visiting the website www.herecomesthebus.com and downloading the app from the App Store or Google play and using code 87491 to create an account.
. Parent Portal - Parents/guardians must sign up to access bus assignment information
- To register for the PowerSchool Parent Portal, parents will need their child’s Student ID number (student’s lunch number and NCEdCloud username, which is used for remote learning.)
- Select “Parent Registration.”
- The students’ Parent Portal Access ID and Access Password will be sent to the parent/guardian through email, which will allow them to add the child to their Parent Portal Account.
- Parents/guardians can also receive their child’s Parent Portal Access ID and Access Password by contacting the Data Manager at the student’s school. Please be prepared to verify your identity as the student’s legal guardian.
You can also obtain your child’s bus information by contacting the school at 336-370-8640.
Here is some other information:
School bus transportation is provided to eligible students in accordance to Public School Laws of North Carolina, Department of Public Instruction Administrative Code, and Guilford County Schools Board of Education policy.
Attestation Form (I have attached for your benefit the English and Spanish hard copies)
Parents/guardians are required to complete the electronic COVID19 attestation form to ensure every student remains safe and healthy. Per state public health requirements, students may not board school buses without a completed COVID19 attestation form. https://bit.ly/3kRibXm
For additional information or if you have questions about transportation, please visit our website at www.gcsnc.com or call us at 336-370-8920.
We hope this information will prove beneficial as you and your family prepare for another great school year
Attached and below is additional information on what we have shared.
- OneCard – student ID card
- All students should be issued OneCard by their school
- All students are encouraged to scan their OneCard upon entering the school bus and scan off when exiting the school bus
- One Cards will assist transportation with contact tracing
- Students who forget their OneCard will still be permitted to ride the bus
- School Bus and Rider FAQ – Frequently asked questions about riding the school bus
- Social distancing is encouraged at the bus stop
- All students must wear a face covering. If student has no face covering one will be provided prior to boarding the bus
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while riding the bus
- Students will be seated in a zig-zag pattern
- Elementary students will sit 2 to a seat
- Middle school and High school will sit 1 to a seat
- Bus cleaning times, before and after runs, and before and after bus shifts
- Bus will be sanitized in high touch areas such as handrails after each run and at the completion of the bus route
- Students load back to front and unload front to back
- Student temperatures will be taken at school prior to entering the building
- Students showing symptoms
- Students who show signs of illness or report illness will be asked to sit in a seat near the front of the bus.
- Communication will occur directly to the administrator at school upon arrival
- Students dismissal
- Students should social distance at school prior to boarding the bus
- Staggered building exit procedures should be used
- Bus riders waiting and loading with social distancing
- Involvement of all staff will be needed for safe and healthy dismissal