We are very proud of our student’s accomplishments here at the Academy at Smith. Our students have maintained a 100% graduation rate since at least 2016. Of those students who plan to attend college, many have accumulated scholarship offers. The table to the right reflects their amassed totals:
2022 The Academy at Smith has been selected as a 2021-22 Signature School from the Piedmont Triad Education Consortium. See their video HERE.
2022 The Truliant Foundation Gives the Academy two grants:
- A $5,000 grant to support a model pharmacy within the school so pharmacists can come to the school and assist students with receiving their credential training.
- A $4,850 for the Pathway to Prosperity Through Health Sciences project.
2022 the Academy at Smith receives the CollegeBoard's Female Diversity Award for AP Computer Science Principles. See press release HERE.
2022 The Academy at Smith High School received a Truliant Financial Education Grant for $4,850 for the Pathway to Prosperity Through Health Sciences project.
2021 Senior Graduation: View the 2021 Graduation Ceremony HERE.
2021 Senior Tribute: View the 2021 Senior Tribute Video HERE.
2021 Senior Catherine Rodriguez-Hernandez was featured in the Senior Spotlight. See the article about her HERE. Congratulations Catherine and all of the Academy at Smith's 2021 graduates!
Congratulations to FBLA Triad Regionals Competition Winners: The Academy at Smith has three students that placed in the FBLA Triad Regionals that will be heading to the NC FBLA State Regional Competition in the Spring 2021. See the announcement HERE. Watch the award ceremony HERE.
Nyree Bell - 1st Place Winner,
Kyndal Mumford - 2nd Place Winner,
Gisselle Gonzalez-Ventura – 2nd Place Winner.
March 2021: HOSA students at the Academy at Smith wanted to give back to the community. They did this by providing gift baskets to senior citizens in a nursing home, who have been greatly affected by COVID. The gift baskets boosted morale and uplifted their spirits.
Other Notable Points of Pride
- The Academy at Smith is proud of the fact that our students have achieved a 100% graduation rate.
- During the 2019-2020 school year, 3 Academy at Smith seniors earned a total of $23,059.30 through their participation with Guilford Apprenticeship Partners (GAP) apprenticeships while still attending their classes!
- The GCS CTE Department was recently approved as a Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Recognized Education/Training Program. Being recognized by PTCB allows GCS students to meet the education/training requirements needed to apply for the PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) credential. The Academy at Smith is 1 of only 2 GCS schools to offer this program.