“Everyone has recognized the huge current and future need in our country for expert high technology professionals.
These careers are high paying and truly rewarding.”
Larry Cecchini, ADT Cybersecurity
The Academy of Computer and Information Sciences at NEGHS
Don't take our word for it, see what our parents and students have to say about our Academy where
EVERYONE is a part of the RAM Family!
Check out our Video Gallery & Social Media on this page for more information.
For more information contact
Mrs. Harris firstname.lastname@example.org - Academy Lead & Computer Science Principles
Heather Pendrak - email@example.com Cyber Security or AI
Students in this program will:
- Learn to interact with computers and computer systems through coding, networking, and data analytics
- Connect learning to the challenges faced by computer scientists through experiences provided by industry partners
- Graduate with industry credentials, professional and technical skills and college credits
- Cyber Security
- Artificial Intelligence
Who should apply:
- Rising ninth-grade students who live in the Dudley, Eastern, Grimsley, Northeast, Northern, Page and Southeast attendance zones. At this time, transportation will not be provided.
- Students interested in computer engineering, information science, cybersecurity or programming.
What makes this academy exciting for students?
Students who are interested in how technologies and organizations work and who thrive on learning new digital skills and tackling new challenges will enjoy learning in this academy.
Students will work individually and in teams to solve digital challenges organizations and governments are facing with the same kinds of processes used by the professionals in the industry. An example challenge that a student might experience is participating in an international government conflict simulation, where the student is serving as a government official who must encrypt and decrypt messages to determine how to advise national leaders. Students will present their work to industry partners.
In Signature Academies, students will learn in a smaller environment from both teachers and industry partners. Students will participate in field trips and other work-based learning events, will work to earn industry credentials, and will take college-prep and advanced courses as an expected part of their program. Students will receive support to be successful in their courses and in their college and career planning – academies are successful when they create successful students!
To apply for the Academy of Computer and Information Science during the Choice/Magnet registration window through March 3rd 2021 visit SchoolMint.
- Graduates are prepared for college majors such as cyber security, digital forensics, software engineering and management information systems.
- Students desiring to go to work immediately have training and credentials for jobs such as computer programmer, systems analyst or software developer.
- Salary potential ranges from $58,000 per year for network support specialists to $126,000 for information systems managers.
- Computer and Information Science is one of the fastest-growing, highest-paid professions available.
- Academy students are mentored by local college students.
- Partnered with leading companies in the computer science industry.
- Monthly events and opportunities to explore the field of computer science.
- Encourages collaboration and teamwork with diverse groups of students.