Welcome to Service Learning!
Guilford County Schools has worked to implement Service Learning to bridge the connection between Education and Service in the community. Students are encouraged to complete these service hours with documentation to reflect on their learning experience.
What are the benefits of Service-Learning for Students?
- Prepare for a Changing World
- Learn the Importance of Collaboration & Teamwork
- Develop Critical Thinking Skills and Innovative Ideas
- Become Creative Problem Solvers
- Develop Global Awareness
- Connect with people while developing skills
- CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
SERVICE LEARNING RECOGNITIONS:
- SERVICE LEARNING HONORS 70-99
- SERVICE LEARNING AWARD 100-199
- SERVICE LEARNING DIPLOMA 200+
3 STEP PROCESS FOR SERVICE- LEARNING HOURS
- Student submission via x2vol
- Verification by the adult overseeing the project
- Final approval by the service-learning coach
For any questions, please contact Je'Letha Porter- Service Learning Coach