SEHS Graduation 2023 FAQ
Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal- Wednesday, June 7th (3-5pm) at Greensboro Coliseum
GRADUATION -Saturday, June 10th 9am at Greensboro Coliseum
- When you arrive, report to the staging area to find your place in
- Bring cap, gown, medallion, and
- Dress Options:
- Black dress pants, black dress shoes, white shirt, and tie. No tennis shoes, flip-flops, or other casual
- Dress or skirt, black dress shoes. No tennis shoes, flip-flops, or other casual
- No decorations on cap & gown; only school provided cords are
- No purses or bags are allowed in the Leave everything at home.
- No cell phones. If you are seen with a cell phone during the processional or ceremony, the phone will be confiscated and could result in your diploma being
- This is an important and formal event. Your parents & families, Ms. Young, and distinguished guests deserve your respect. No loud or rude behavior. Those behaviors could result in your diploma being
How do students get the graduation tickets, and will there be an option to get more tickets?
Graduation tickets will be available for pick-up on June 1 before school or after school in the Front Commons area. Seniors cannot pick up tickets for another student. All books need to be turned in; all fines & fees need to be taken care of before tickets can be picked up.
Each student will receive 14 tickets. There are no extra tickets available.
Will there be someone there to take pictures?
Yes. A photographer will be there. A picture will be taken while the student is on stage.
The event will be streamed. We will share details once confirmed.
How do we order a cap & gown or check on an order?
You can order at www.highschool.herffjones.com or call 336-228-7777 to check on an order.
Can we decorate our caps?
No. You cannot decorate your cap & gown.
Where does my student get their GCS cords for their honor societies?
Students should ask their honor society sponsor for their cords. Counselors will distribute Service Learning Cords at the Senior Awards Ceremony.
Is there handicap seating at the coliseum?
Yes. There is handicap seating at the coliseum. One guest may sit with the guest who needs handicap seating. The remaining members of the family may sit anywhere in the coliseum.
When will the doors open at the coliseum? TBA