Use this link for complete information about summer programming: GCS Summer Course Catalog .
How to register(Page 4):
- Academic camps are by school invitation only. Please contact the school.
- Enrichment camps sponsored by GCS have one link for registration. Enrichment camp contacts if there is a question about the camp:
- LEGO Robotics Camp- Jennifer Redfern- firstname.lastname@example.org 336-370-3274
- CTE Camp Offerings- Nakita Malloy- email@example.com 336-370-8338 CTE Summer Enrichment
- Math Bridge Course – Kat Stevens- firstname.lastname@example.org 336-370-8244
- Academically Gifted Camps/ AP Ready/IB Ready- Dibrelle Tourret- email@example.com 336-370-8361
- Rising EL Kindergarten Camp- Mayra Hayes- firstname.lastname@example.org- 336-370-8982
- Summer Arts institute camps are a separate link. Any questions about the camps should be directed Leigh Anne Little.
Summer Arts Institute- Leigh Anne Little- email@example.com 336-574-2645
- Free Virtual tutoring is also available for students details on page 4.
Transportation updates will be shared by their assigned summer site by June 3rd on “Here Comes the Bus App”.
Once summer sites open for students June 14 for traditional calendar; June 27 for extended year/restart calendar, transportation questions should be directed back to the summer site location.
Join Mr. Wall and Mr. Vaughn for our annual STEM Summer Agriculture Institute June 13-17. We have a packed week from hiking Stone Mountain to learn about geological soil substrates to visiting local farms and markets across the Piedmont to learn about local food production. You'll even see the mythical cows Mr. Vaughn milks every day before heading to school. Email Mr. Vaughn at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to sign up.
A national program called YTAC (Youth Technology Apprenticeship Cohorts). Learn more about esports, game design, and entrepreneurship. Students ages 13-18 please register. The program is three weeks long, completely free for all students, and starts June 13.
Try out your career hands-on this summer!
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day
Jamestown & High Point campuses
Register & Learn More
Camp Sessions by Career Field
Destination Delicious (Food Trucks)
Cyber Titans Workshop
Digital Art & Design
The Scrub Life
Let's Make a Record!
Phantastic Photos & Viralicious Video 101
Web & Social Media:
Learning Digital Surveillance & Ethics: How We Are Targeted
Iron Man's Fab Lab
CORNING PRE-COLLEGE BUSINESS SUMMER PROGRAM
Dates: June 19th - 24thTarget students: Rising High school Seniors & Juniors (2.8 CGPA or higher is preferred)Registration fee: $25Total number of campers: 24 (12 females & 12 males)During the 5-day-long program, campers will participate in learning activities involving the applications of technology and data analytics in business, among other enriching fun and learning activities. Sessions will include hands-on exercises where they will employ technology and/or data analytics in analyzing business operations. Using technology, in designated groups, campers will be tasked to run a business simulation game that touches upon practically all areas of business (marketing, management, accounting, finance, economics, etc.). The data analytics aspect of the camp will focus mainly on data processing and visualization using different tools.