Welcome to the Academically Gifted Department
Click here for the recorded AG 101 Presentation held on October 12th and October 13th, 2021.
PAGE ORGANIZATION RELAUNCH :
Guilford County Partners for the Advancement of Guilford Education (PAGE) is currently looking to relaunch and rejuvenate membership and participation. Over the years, the students served in Guilford County Schools’ academically gifted program have benefited from initiatives implemented by Guilford PAGE, such as: parent webinars; seminar presentations; access to online resources; and transportation grants for the Academic All‐Star Camp field trips.
If you are interested in a leadership role or simply to strengthen membership and provide input as an advocate for Gifted and Advanced Learners in Guilford County, please click here to fill out this Google Form.
The GCS Academically Gifted Department is committed to providing rigorous, challenging, and differentiated instruction to students who demonstrate a need for services beyond the regular education setting.
We provide support for more than 14,000 advanced students in grades K-12, including:
- Grades K-2 Consultative Services
- Nurture in grades 2 and 3
- Grades 3-5 AIG pull-out enrichment services
- Grades 3-5 Maximizing Academic Potential (MAP) talent development services
- Grades 6-8 advanced/accelerated course options in Math and English/Language Arts
- Grades 9-12 rigorous advanced coursework, including AP, IB, and dual enrollment opportunities
- Consultative support for classroom teachers K-12 in differentiated instruction and understanding the unique needs of the gifted learner
Exciting opportunities available to AG students:
- Academic All-Star Summer Camp for rising 9th graders
- 30 different Advanced Placement (AP) courses offered districtwide
- Challenging International Baccalaureate (IB) programs at four GCS high schools
- 2 Early College options for high school (Early College at Guilford and STEM Early College at NC A&T)