Welcome to the Academically Gifted Department
The AG department is gathering feedback regarding proposed revisions to the GCS AIG Plan. The revised 2019-2022 AIG Plan will be submitted to the state in July 2019. If you were unable to attend the Parent Forums hosted on April 18, please review the presentation and feel free to provide any feedback to Dibrelle Tourret (email@example.com).
The GCS Academically Gifted Department is committed to providing rigorous, challenging, and differentiated instruction to students who demonstrate a need for services beyond the regular education setting.
We provide support for more than 14,000 advanced students in grades K-12, including:
- Grades K-2 Consultative Services
- Nurture in grades 2 and 3
- Grades 3-5 AIG pull-out enrichment services
- Grades 3-5 Maximizing Academic Potential (MAP) talent development services
- Grades 6-8 advanced/accelerated course options in Math and English/Language Arts
- Grades 9-12 rigorous advanced coursework, including AP, IB, and dual enrollment opportunities
- Consultative support for classroom teachers K-12 in differentiated instruction and understanding the unique needs of the gifted learner
Exciting opportunities available to AG students:
- Academic All-Star Summer Camp for rising 9th graders
- 30 different Advanced Placement (AP) courses offered districtwide
- Challenging International Baccalaureate (IB) programs at four GCS high schools
- 2 Early College options for high school (Early College at Guilford and STEM Early College at NC A&T)