The Guilford County Board of Education respects the student's right to choose his or her style of dress or appearance. At Archer Elementary School, we realize that each student is an individual who makes choices about his or her appearance.
Below are some guidelines that are requested when making choices for your child's wardrobe:
-Clothing that advertises items illegal for minors to purchase or possess will not be permitted.
-Obscene language or gestures will not be permitted on any type of clothing. Concerns regarding appropriate attire will be communicated by the classroom teacher.
• No high heels should be worn due to fall issues.
• Sandals without back straps and/or flip-flops are discouraged because they can cause playground safety issues.
• Comfortable shoes that can be secured on the feet are most appropriate for elementary school children.
• Athletic shoes should be worn during PE times (students with inappropriate footwear may be given alternate activities during PE or organized recess if safety is an issue)
• Hats, caps, sun visors and bandannas may not be worn in the building
• Tank tops, halter tops, midriff shirts and blouses, strapless and/or backless tops and shirts with spaghetti straps are discouraged. Pants, shorts and skirts should be worn at the waistline, allowing no underwear to show.
• Tops and bottoms should meet. Shorts and skirts should be of an appropriate length.
• If a parent needs support with providing appropriate attire or shoes, please contact the school at 336-294-7335.