The Division of Accountability and Research
Accountability & Research Departments
Data Analytics & Support
- Works with schools, teachers and staff from across the district to interpret multiple data sources to improve student achievement and analyze/display data in meaningful ways.
- Trains and provides other support to staff.
- Manages the EVAAS system for school administrators and district users.
- In coordination with Student Information Dept., manages district's data dashboards.
Research & Evaluation
- Coordinates and manages state and federal accountability programs in GCS. Interpret legislation, policies and guidelines governing accountability programs; ensure that information about accountability programs is communicated to school and district personnel; and manage data collections.
- Interprets, analyzes and reports data from various sources; responds to requests for data and reports; and provides consultation and technical assistance to school personnel, district administration, and others.
- Responsible for program evaluations in the district. Design surveys and other data collection instruments to determine the effectiveness of various educational programs in GCS.
- Collaborates with internal and external researchers to review research projects for approval and monitors study activities within GCS.
- Implements the North Carolina Testing Program.
- Trains, supervise, and monitors school staff assigned to testing programs.
- Providing technical assistance on test administrations.
- Oversees the district's interim assessment program.