Positive Behavior Intervention Support--What is PBIS?
PBIS is a broad range of systematic and individualized strategies for achieving important social and learning outcomes while preventing problem behaviors. PBIS is a program that recognizes positive behavior and helps students develop discipline to make positive and good choices. This is done by:
- Teaching appropriate behavior to students.
- Using interventions when appropriate and expected behaviors are not met.
- Recognizing when positive are met.
The staff at Rankin Elementary school believes that optimal student achievement can be attained utilizing a proactive systems approach for creating and maintaining a safe and effective learning environment. School expectations follow our RAMS pledge. When these expectations are followed, students have an opportunity to be recognized for their efforts by earning Ram Bucks.
Rankin's PBIS Vision and Mission
Rankin's PBIS Vision is to:
- Foster an environment where students are challenged to expand their knowledge and problem solving skills.
- Build and strengthen positive relationships between staff, students, and families.
- Develop and clarify and consistency in appropriate behavioral expectations throughout Rankin.
Rankin's PBIS Mission for Discipline
The mission is to commit daily to effectively teaching appropriate student behavior and to strengthen student accountability for their actions, behavior, and learning.