Apply to GCS
Thank you for your interest in joining the Guilford County Schools team!
Every member of our team - 10,000 employees strong - is dedicated to ensuring student success. We may be one of the largest school districts and employers in the state, but we work hard to make every member of our team feel like an individual. We are committed to excellence and character, always seeking to strive, achieve and excel in all we do.
If you are committed to excellence in education, and are driven to support the success of every student through strong performance, we welcome you to apply.
How To Apply For a Job With GCS:
- If you are interested in a career with GCS, first hover over the Vacancy List tab on the left side of this page to learn which positions are currently open. We update these listings all the time, so keep checking back for an opening that fits your skills and interests.
- Classified, administrative, licensed? Not sure which category may feature your perfect job? Check out the information below and click on the category links to learn how to look for current openings and how to apply.
- You can also click on the job descriptions link on the left to read detailed descriptions of all GCS positions.
- Applications are processed online through GCS AppliTrack. You'll need to create an account, then fill out the online application.
- The Office of Employment will review and process your online application. If you're selected for further review, you'll be contacted.
You may access GCS application here. If you experience technical problem with the application you may contact AppliTrack help desk at (847) 475-2283 ext. 1.
Directions for Applicants:
District Level Administrators
Substitute Teachers for Teachers
Substitute Teacher Assistants
Substitute Group Leader for After-School Care Enrichment Services (ACES)
Substitute School Nutrition
Substitute Office Support
Substitute Custodial Services
After-School Care Enrichment Services (ACES)
Paid Non-Faculty Coaches
Volunteer Non-Faculty Coaches
Classified GCS Employee Volunteer Coaches
If you have difficulty accessing your application, please contact the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction's Help Desk at 919-807-4357.
EOE-UNDER REPRESENTED POPULATION GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.