Johnson Street Global Studies Media Center
The media center at Johnson Street Global Studies is a warm and welcoming environment where students can develop a passion for reading, learn valuable information skills, and enhance their global knowledge.
Media Center Policies
Note - This year's policies may be adjusted as needed to meet COVID-19 safety expectations.
- Students in grades K-5 will visit the library every week to learn library skills and checkout new books. Middle schools students will visit the library periodically during ELA class and will have the option of visiting the library during open checkout times to check out new books.
- The library will be open from 7:45-8:15 each day for all students to exchange books. (Note - students must have their teacher's permission to visit the library during these times and the library hours are subject to change on occasion.)
- Click here to visit our Destiny site and see what books we have to offer in our library as well as eBooks available to read online.
- Students may check out 3 books during one visit and may have up to 3 books on their account at a time.
- Students are responsible for returning their library books in excellent shape and in a timely manner. Students should try to return their books within two weeks but may keep them longer if needed.
- Students will not be able to check out books if they have books that are long overdue or owe library fines. Books that are damaged or unreturned are subject to fines.