GCS Library Media Services
The mission of the GCS Library Media Services Department is to advance and support School Library Media Coordinators; to build quality programs that empower 21st Century Learners with the ability to access information and process ideas. We strive to accomplish this by:
- Establishing and promoting highly effective Library Media programming.
- By providing quality professional development and building a trusting, productive, collaborative relationship with public libraries, local universities, and community partners.
- Empowering all media specialists to be an integral part in preparing students with competitive 21st century skills and abilities, enabling them to be college and workforce ready.
- Increasing organizational effectiveness and efficiency and ensuring high performance and support to schools.
- Embracing and facilitating change by aligning Library Media Services goals and services with the mission and goals of the district to establish a respectful, positive culture centered on teaching and learning.
- Supporting state and national standards; being an advocate for librarianship and the rights of readers;
- Promoting the exploration and pursuit of additional funding sources to support Library Media Programming.
Ashley Morgan, SLMC at Johnson Street Global Studies, was named the GCS Media Specialist of the year at the Media Specialsit District Meeting on April 11th. She was recognized by the GCS Board of Education on April 26th.
Library Media Services
501 West Washington Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
Phone: (336)370-8361 Fax: (336)275-7893
Director of Library Media Services
District School Library Media Coordinator