J. Kathy Acevedo, Principal
Our work as educators can strengthen or weaken society. While educators are not solely responsible for shaping our country’s future, we are critical to its success. I believe that access to an equitable, rigorous, student-centered education transforms the lives of students, families and communities.
This work can only be achieved by thriving together. Through communication, collaboration, continuous professional and personal growth we can accomplish our shared vision…to develop critical thinkers who practice a growth mindset, value diversity and build relationships within the school and across our community.
Together we will concentrate on ambitious instruction by staying true to our core values of Critical Thinking, Diversity, Growth Mindset and Relationships. We will:
- Ensure that each student grows at least one year or more.
- Improve reading, math and science proficiency using accountable talk, targeted feedback, and goal setting.
- Focus on providing and exposing students to grade level instruction on a daily basis.
- Increase instructional time through precise pacing, efficient procedures and thoughtful planning.
- Decrease discipline referrals and foster a positive climate through Social Emotional Learning (SEL), Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports (PBIS) and Class Dojo.
I am excited and honored to be your principal. Thriving Together through respect, relationships, collaboration, and conversation, we can make our school a better place for all children.
Jamyle Kathy Acevedo