Ms.Hinshelwood: Media Coordinator
I am the new media coordinator at Kernodle Middle School. I am looking forward to a great year working with students and teachers. I graduated from Northwest High School and Appalachain State. I have my degree in Elementary Education and working on my master's at NC Central. I taught in the classroom for 12 years and then decided to move to the library. I was the media coordinator last year in another county and this year I am so happy to be back in Guilford county. I taught my first five year in Guilford county at Jefferson Elementary.
I enjoy the middle school age since most of my teaching in the classroom was with fifth graders. I look forward to students checking out books, working on research in the library, and just enjoy reading a book.
How to find books ONLINE!!
You can still log in to Destiny and use eBooks
1. Log into Destiny using your student ID# and birthday mmddyyyy.
2. Find the eBook or audiobook. you want. You may check out 2 eBooks at a time. The checkout period is 2 weeks. You may put a book on hold if it is not available. Keep checking Destiny to see if a book you placed on hold is ready.
Other reading resources:
You can use the Greensboro Public Library with your student ID!
You can also use the
NC Kids Digital Library or the NC Digital Library - through the Greensboro Public Library.
User name: GCS with student ID # (GCS1234567890). Password: month and year of birthday - 2 digits (MMYY)
Media Center Policies
- Can check out up to 5 media center books at a time.
- Books can be renewed if not on hold.
- You may check out 2 Destiny eBooks at a time.
- Students are responsible for the loss or damage of items checked out to them.
- Overdue lists will be sent to teachers monthly. Overdue notices will be sent home with report cards.