Welcome to Guilford Elementary School
Principal: Lamont McMillan
Assistant Principal: Joy Hesman
Instruction Hours: 7:35am - 2:10pm
Office Hours: 7:15am - 4:00pm
Guilford Elementary is located at 920 Stage Coach Trail in Greensboro, NC. Guilford Elementary is home to 568 students in grades PreK through 5th, as well as many dedicated teachers, administrators, assistants and support personnel. We welcome you to visit and enjoy our campus by checking in at the front office.
Guilford Elementary is a Title 1 school, which means we receive federal funding based on the socioeconomic status of our population.
Show your Cheetah Pride! Our school mascot is the cheetah, and our school colors are black and gold. Teachers and students are encouraged to wear school colors and GES shirts each Friday.
The staff of Guilford Elementary is committed to providing the best possible learning environment for each child. Our goal is that all children will:
- participate in and benefit from positive learning experiences.
- achieve competence in basic skills and learning processes.
- clearly communicate thoughts and ideas in a variety of ways.
- express creativity and use imagination.
- organize and manage time and resources effectively.
- demonstrate self-respect and self-discipline.
- practice sound habits of personal health and safety.
- show respect for others and their cultural differences.
- think critically and make informed decisions.
- demonstrate concern for our environment.
- develop characteristics of good citizenship.
The mission of Guilford Elementary School is to provide educational opportunities that advance our student's unique talents, promote academic and social growth and ensure future educational success. At Guilford Elementary School, we are determined to challenge students to become all they can be. We work as a team collaborating with faculty, staff, parents and community to ensure maximum student achievement.
At Guilford Elementary School, we are determined to challenge students to become all they can be. We work as a team by collaborating with staff, parents, and the community to ensure maximum student achievement.