Vision: Inspiring community minded students who value life-long learning, are accomplished critical thinkers, and are prepared to be tomorrow's leaders
Mission: Western Guilford Middle School seeks to create opportunities for all stakeholders to work collaboratively. Staff, parents, and community members will model the characteristics students need to develop strong leadership skills. Our school promotes rigorous goal setting to support students in reaching their full academic, personal, social and cultural potential in a global society.
All visitors must check-in with the Front Office. Please review our check-in policy here.
Each new school year brings opportunities for academic growth and growth in all areas of development. Although students must be knowledgeable when they graduate, they must also be healthy, engaged, responsible, and caring people.
The Leader in Me provides our school with the vision and language to lead the school in a way that addresses all areas of development. As each student discovers and develops his or her unique gifts and talents, they are given opportunities to lead. As leaders, they become active, engaged partners in their own education and their self-confidence, responsibility, and initiative grows. The students will quickly understand the benefits of different gifts and talents; they learn to listen to new ideas, work together to achieve results, and motivate one another to be the best. Together, we will watch each and every student grow throughout the year.
Directions to WGMS
- From Raleigh take I40W/85S toward Greensboro.
- Stay on I40W (toward Greensboro/Winston Salem)
- Take Exit Ramp 213 to Guilford College Road
- Right on Guilford College Road (becomes College Road)
- Stay on College Road (cross over W. Market Street and Railroad tracks that are parallel to each other)
- Pass Lindley Road, Lucy Lane and next left is our entrance (right hand side is Guida Drive)