Welcome to Hairston Middle School, home of the mighty jaguars. Together, we can change the world.
Our mission is to dispel myths and defy odds associated with urban schools and urban school students as we partner with students, parents and the community to create a global, caring and nurturing learning environment that encourages all to become enthusiastic life-long learners.
To lead us toward our mission, our school community believes:
- all students have the capacity to learn, grow and develop into productive and global citizens,
- a safe and orderly environment is vital for success,
- classroom instruction should be meaningful and engaging in order to meet the needs of all students,
- students should be prepared to compete in a global society,
- technology is an essential tool that supports life-long learning,
- learning is an experiential process,
- a culture of care with positive adult-student relationships is a critical component in the development of the whole child,
- collaboration and communication enhance the educational process, and all children deserve the best educational experiences.
Our Administrative Team includes:
Principal: Dr. Ashauna Harris
Assistant Principal- 6th grade: Kevin McRae
Assistant Principal -7th grade: Nicia George
Assistant Principal/IB -8th grade: Glasher S. Robinson
Hours of Operation:
Office Hours 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Instructional Hours: 8:50 AM - 3:50 PM