The mission of the Brightwood Elementary School Media Department is to design and implement a media program that will meet the needs of all students, teachers, and staff to ensure that they are effective users of ideas and information within their community.
- Kindergartners may check out one book at a time.
- 1st-3rd graders may check out two books at a time.
- 4th-5th graders may check out unlimited quantities of books as long as no overdue books are checked out. If any items are overdue, no more books may be checked out until overdue items are returned.
- Books are due two weeks (10 school days) from the time they are checked out. Please renew unfinished books.
- Students are welcome in the media center during open circulation times with a barcode card. Open circulation times are 7:20-8:20 and other times as available. Come on in to check!
- Teachers may schedule checkout and/or research times for their classes in addition to regular media times. See Ms. Pendleton for scheduling and computer tutorial.
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education Master of Library and Information Studies National Board Certified Teacher
I have been the media specialist at Brightwood since 2006, and I love my job! Before working at Brightwood, I taught 5th grade for three years. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in English and Elementary Education and a Master of Library and Information Studies degree, both from UNCG. I am a National Board Certified Teacher.
At home, I have a wonderful husband, three sweet daughters, and two bad kitties. We enjoy biking, swimming, gardening, playing music, and reading together.