The mission of the Brightwood Elementary School Media Department is to design and implement a media program that will meet the needs of all students, teachers, and staff to ensure that they are effective users of ideas and information within their community.
- Kindergartners may check out one book at a time.
- 1st-3rd graders may check out two books at a time.
- 4th-5th graders may check out unlimited quantities of books as long as no overdue books are checked out. If any items are overdue, one book at a time may be checked out until overdue items are returned.
- Books are due two weeks (10 school days) from the time they are checked out. Please renew unfinished books.
- Students are welcome in the media center during open circulation times with a barcode card. Open circulation times are 7:05-7:30 AM and other times as available. Come on in to check!
- Teachers may schedule checkout and/or research times for their classes in addition to regular media times. See Ms. Pendleton for scheduling and computer tutorial.
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education Master of Library and Information Studies National Board Certified Teacher
I have been the media specialist at Brightwood since 2006, and I love my job! Before working at Brightwood, I taught 5th grade for three years. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in English and Elementary Education and a Master of Library and Information Studies degree, both from UNCG. I am a National Board Certified Teacher.
At home, I have a wonderful husband, three sweet daughters, three kitties, one bearded dragon, and one snake. We enjoy biking, swimming, gardening, playing music, and reading together.
Read anytime & anywhere!
Want to access eBooks from an internet-capable device? Start here!