Specials Discipline Plan
Art, Computer, Media, Music and PE follow our PBIS rules and expectations.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to self.
- Use kind and polite words (“put-ups”) when talking to others.
- Follow adults’ directions first time given.
- Include all peers in conversations and play.
- Use appropriate space.
- Take ownership of my decisions.
- Keep the school campus clean
At the end of each enrichment class (Media, Art, Computer, PE and Music), the specialist teacher will choose 2 students, who have exemplified SAIL, to receive a SAIL award.
Learning to Show Honor and Respect
After a student earns 3 SAIL awards in one special, he/she will be awarded a special prize in that enrichment.
Also, Viking Vouchers will be given to classes who follow the school-wide behavior plan. These will be displayed outside classroom doors.
Consequences for not following school rules during specials include:
1st Offense – Warning to student
2nd Offense – Two-minute Thinking Time
3rd Offense - The student may be asked to complete a "Think Sheet" that will be sent home for a parent to review with their child, sign and return.
*PBIS Yellow Sheet, if the behavior continues.