About the NJHS
The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is the nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding middle school students. More than just an honor roll, NJHS serves to honor those students who demonstrate excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, citizenship, and character. These characteristics have been associated with membership in the organization since its beginning in 1929. Mendenhall Middle School was granted a charter on April 11, 1968, by the National Council. NJHS Candidate information packets will be available in the main office, outside room 118, and may be printed from the Mendenhall Webpage.
Important Dates to Remember
- Candidate information due – February 1, 2024 at 4PM
- Students notified of selection – February 15, 2024 during last core
- Induction will be held on February 29, 204 at 6pm in the gym
You must have a 90 or higher cumulative GPA
- 7th grade candidates this means your end of year grades in 6th grade.
- 8th grade candidates this means your end of year grades in 6th & 7th grade.
Students are not eligible if they have been suspended from school. You must have attended MMS for at least one semester for eligibility. Points are not automatically awarded just because the form was completed. The Faculty Council scrutinizes each item listed to make sure it is appropriate for the category and the proper documentation has been presented. Any false information included on the selection application will invalidate the application. Late applications will not be accepted.
Guidelines for Selection:
1. Review of faculty evaluation form to be completed by MMS faculty
2. A majority vote of the faculty council
3. A minimum of 15 points is required to be considered for membership.