First … CONGRATULATIONS for earning the First Grade Reading Minutes Award for Oct!! You POSTED the most minutes in first grade!! I know everyone is reading because I see the changes in our readers … so THANK YOU for taking the time to post your child’s minutes on the link we provided!! This award is for YOU too!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
I hope everyone is able to enjoy some family time during this Thanksgiving Holiday Break! I am truly blessed to be working with such a great group of kiddos and very supportive parents!! THANK YOU for all your help … I know we could not do all the things planned if it weren’t for all of you!! THANK YOU … from the bottom of my heart!!
Here are the reminders/announcements for this week (and the first days back!).
- SCIENCE FAIR is looking for judges. Please see the message from our Science Fair team.
- ORE is looking for judges for the 2018 Science Fair on November 28, 2018. Students from all grade levels are currently working hard to complete their Science Fair projects and judges are needed for this event. Judging will start at 8:00 AM and the PTO will provide snacks and lunch.
- If your student is a participant, you can still judge a different grade level. All interested parents and community members are encouraged to contact Ms. Heather Tuggle (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- This is a great way to volunteer and make a big difference at ORE!
- We will be visiting the science fair during the week we return from break. If your child is doing a project, please see the letter included in their red folders on Friday with details of when to bring your projects!
- We will be having a Mid-Module Assessment in Math. This marks the 1/2way point of the unit and will assess the info we have practiced to this point. We will NOT HAVE MATH HOMEWORK on Monday!
- We will also have a skills unit assessment with a word recognition test on Monday. This isn’t something to ‘study’ for but will assess the spellings using the vowel teams we have learned so far. Spelling tests will return in the weeks between now and Winter break … but no spelling tests right now.
- We will also have our weekly Sharky Store open today to buy items/passes using the bucks we have earned! If you have any items for this week, please send them in. We are always looking for new/small items to update the store choices!
- We will return to our normal routine in Math with lesson 12 … so please have your child complete lesson 12 homework over break.
- We will have a pausing point in skills so that we can begin the new unit when we return.
- In Listening/Learning unit on Early World Civilizations, we will complete our comparison chart of the Mesopotamian area and Ancient Egypt area. This may also include an assessment of our learning.
- Upcoming Items for the week we return …
- Jump Rope for Heart will be taking place during our PE classes.
- Science Fair Awards Night is Nov 29th at 6:00pm in the gym … good luck!
- Dec 1st – Light Up the Night Event at the OR Town Park. Set-up starts at 10:00am and visiting starts at dusk.
OFFICIAL Designated make up day left for Florence: Jan. 18th is now REGULAR STUDENT DAY. GCS has decided to add 5 minutes to our school day starting on Jan 3rd to bank time for any more missed days during winter. I will remind you when the time comes ... to start earlier!
Please use this link to post your NOV minutes at the end of the month! Minutes Here PLEASE KEEP READING & RECORDING!!
If you have ANY questions, please send me a quick email and I will respond within 24/48 hours!
Have a great week!
12:30 PM - 1:00 PM Author Katy Torney Visits
7:05 AM - 7:50 AM Chess Club Meets
November 27, 2018
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM PTO Skate Night @ Skate World
November 28, 2018
7:05 AM - 7:50 AM Chess Club Meets
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Science Fair Projects Due to school
November 29, 2018
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Science Fair Awards Night