For our Shakespeare Unit: NGHS 10th Graders will participate in a three-day workshop during their English classes where they will complete their required Shakespeare learning standards through a residency with Triad Stage.
This residency demystifies the Bard’s language through theatre games, active text analysis strategies, and rigorous text and character analysis. Students will bring Shakespeare’s text to life with performance techniques adapted from strategies used in professional rehearsal spaces.
Cost: $10.00 (This will take place during the school day: Triad Stage is coming to us.)
Online Payment Instructions:
1. Go to the NGHS homepage:
2. Go to the bottom of the page and click the “Pay for School Fees” icon.
3. Login to the 12 Payment Center. (You can also continue as a guest)
4. Choose a state: North Carolina.
5. Choose a school district: Guilford County Schools. Click “Continue”
6. Go to “Filters” and Filter by School: Northern Guilford High School
7. Select “10th Grade Shakespeare”
8. Click “Add to Cart” and pay.
Please pay by Sunday, March 24th. The residency will take place on April 1-3, 2019. This is a wonderful opportunity for our students!
Northern has been my teacher home since it opened in 2007, and the honor of receiving the 2012-2013 Northern Teacher of the Year was given to me. I have a BS in Education from SUNY Oswego, a BA in Writing from Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, FL, and an MFA in Writing from UNCG. I am a National Board Certified teacher. Along with high school teaching experience, I have taught composition and literature courses at UNCG as well as composition at NC A&T. I have written copy for ads, articles for magazines, and published creative work in literary journals.
If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com or call me at 336-643-8449.