MISSION: Every GCS student will have access to a world-class arts education experience and graduate with skills whereby he or she may be life-long arts learners and appreciators.
VISION: Opportunity for all
GCS Fine Arts offers over 90 professional learning, student learning, and cultural events district-wide throughout the calendar year. GCS Department of Fine Arts is among the most public, active, and engaged organization in Guilford County. GCS Fine Arts boasts some of the most renowned, effective, and engaging arts education programming in the world. From exceptional teachers to unique district programming, GCS Fine Arts proves why the arts are the "face of Guilford County Schools." GCS Fine Arts boasts:
The Arts Integration Academy (AIA) - the emerging program for teaching and learning authentic methods for integrating various curricula with the arts funded for 2017-2022 by the federal Professional Development for Arts Educators (PDAE) grant awarded to GCS in 2017 - one of 20 nationwide and the only North Carolina school to receive the award valued at $1.4 million. Programming will include:
- Arts integration teaching and learning delivered via an online/face-to-face hybrid system for non-arts educators, arts educators, and administrators
- Microcredentialling for completers of the program
- Designing a replicable arts integration curriculum
- Dispatching community teaching artists to work alongside classroom teachers in authentically implementing instructional strategies
- Cutting edge data collection and analysis in student brain functions related to arts integration
The Lyceum - a think tank for discussing current trends and data in a formal setting with community involvement as well as providing private and group lessons for students in all areas of arts education. All think tank sessions will be included on the Fine Arts YouTube Channel.
- 2018 John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts District of Excellence in Arts Education Award
- 2018-2022 NAMM Best Community for Music Education
- The Lang Lang International Music Foundation Keys of Inspiration grant and partnership whereby Roland piano labs are installed in select elementary schools
We invite you to explore the arts in GCS and learn why our world-class organization is on the path to becoming a national leader in arts education.
GCS Fine Arts News
Penn-Griffin School for the Arts - New Notes for Notes Recording Studio
Updated September 2023
Leigh Ann Little
Director of Fine Arts
Office - (336) 574-2645
Cell - (336) 897-4519
Email - littleL4@gcsnc.com
Dr. Andrew Dancy
Coordinator of Fine Arts
Office - (336) 574-2645
Cell - (336) 890-9667
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Arts Institute (SAI) Inquiries
Email - email@example.com Please allow 72 business hours for SAI Inquiry responses.
There are no upcoming events to display.