Welcome to Mr. Thompson's Homepage. Check on the left side's menu for specific class pages. Thanks for stoppin' by.
2018-19 Cell Phone Use Rules
Cell phones may only be used during certain times in class, and exceptions will be granted upon request if there is a family issue going on. Otherwise the following consequences will be applied to students with cell phones OUT anytime during class, this means even on their desk without using them.
THESE RULES ARE PER QUARTER:
1. First offense is a warning.
2. Second offense is a stern warning. (strike two)
3. Third offense I'll take the phone and give it back at the end of the day. It will be the student's responsibility to come pick it up from me by 4 p.m.
4. Forth offense you will lose the phone till the end of the day, AND be required to serve a detention with me within 2 days after the offense.
5. Fifth offense I'll take the phone, and then write you up and recommend ISS.
Students may be allowed to charge their phones during my class. Students are responsible for bringing a plug and keeping track of it. I will have numerous strips in the front of the class so that you can charge your phones without fighting over outlets. However, if you choose to charge your phone it must stat being charged the entire class.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.