From Old to New
Jamestown Elementary has been educating children since 1905 when the original building was built in Guilford County. At that time it was a boarding school. The oldest unit of the school, the main building, was built in 1915 after a fire destroyed the original building. The original school building was sold to the Town of Jamestown in the late 1980's to be used as the Jamestown Public Library. Those grounds have been renovated to enhance the beauty of Jamestown as seen in the picture above.
The current JES buildings were built in two separate decades. The primary buildings( K-2) and the gym were built in the late 1950s. Later, the 3-5 wings were added in the 1982-83 school year and connected the two primary buildings to the cafeteria. It provided additional classrooms, a modern media center, and new administrative areas..
Today JES continues to serve the community with an exceptional record. We are committed to giving our students the best education possible. We have received many awards and consistently demonstrated high achievements under the North Carolina ABC program. We share all honors with the support of our fantastic PTA. Our PTA is very active and works hard to enhance our children's educational needs in many ways
School Principal, Mr. Dwayne Jordan