Welcome to Mrs. McKinney's
Kernodle Middle School Business Classes!
6th Grade: Keyboarding & Basic Word Processing
7th Grade: Introduction to Office Productivity
8th Grade: Exploring Business and Entrepreneurship
Limited Time Offer NOW - October 25, 2019!
Purchase Personalization with your 2019-20 Yearbook Order and receive up to 4 FREE Icons with your order.
It’s the Best Deal of the Year!
Yearbooks are Now on Sale at Click Here to Order at Jostens.com.
Act Soon to order your hard cover, full color, Kernodle Middle School Yearbook!
Purchase your Yearbook with Personalization and receive up to 4 Free Icons.
We are also offering Pay in 3 Easy Payments with Jostens online!
Do Not Send Payments to KMS – only at Jostens.com
ACT SOON! Time is Running Out to Get These Great Offers!
Offer is Good NOW – October 25, 2019!
Visit – Jostens.com for more details!
Just type in Kernodle Middle to find our yearbook ordering page.
Dear Kernodle families,
During the week of September 23 – 27, Kernodle Middle School will join hundreds of school and youth organizations in participating in Sandy Hook Promise’s third annual Start With Hello Week. Start With Hello Week brings attention to social isolation in our schools and communities and empowers young people to create a culture of inclusion and connectedness within their school or youth organization.
Social isolation is the overwhelming feeling of being left out, lonely, or treated like you are invisible. It is a growing epidemic in the United States and within our schools. One study reports that chronic loneliness increases the risk of an early death by 14%. Furthermore, young people who are isolated can become victims of bullying, violence and/or depression.
As a result, many further pull away from society, struggle with learning and social development and/or choose to hurt themselves or others.
Start With Hello depends on three simple steps:
1. See someone alone (Be aware of social isolation)
2. Reach out and help (You have power to make a difference)
3. Start with hello (Don’t know what to say? Start with hello!)
Parents – how can you get involved?
• Talk to your child about Start With Hello Week. Encourage your child to be aware of social isolation, to believe in his/her power to help, and start by saying hello to the classmate. Ask your child about what he/she sees and encourage him/her to take a step beyond established friendships.
• Parents – WE NEED YOU. Please join us on Thursday, September 26, to say hello to Kernodle students as they start the day. We would like to have as many parents and family members to line the main hallway as students begin the school day. It’s a simple way for you to model the importance of reaching out to others. Please arrive by 8:15am and be sure to wear green (theme color for the day). Krispy Kreme at Battleground Ave has donated doughnuts for volunteers!
Supplies Needed for Class:
1 - 2 pocket folder to stay in the classroom to organize your work.
USB/Flash drive to backup / save your work on (at least an 8GB is recommended)
Pencils / Pens - No RED Please.
Student Planners should be with you DAILY!
Optional Item: Personal Headphones you can use in class instead of the class headphones.
Classroom Wish List Items:
Disinfecting Spray and/or Wipes
Our Class is always in need of the items mentioned above. Wish List Items are always appreciated.
Guilford County Grading Scale
A = 90-100
B = 80-89
C = 70-79
D = 60-69
F = 0-59