New National Honor Society Application Procedures
- A Canvas course has been created so that you may upload your application virtually. To join the Canvas course, please visit this URL: https://gcs.instructure.com/enroll/ET6R3C. Alternatively, you can sign up at https://gcs.instructure.com/register and use the following join code: ET6R3C
- The easiest way to upload your application is to scan it to a PDF and upload it to Canvas. If you have an iPhone, the Notes app will scan it for you. If you are unsure how to use it, this video will show you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af2mwhgMaSg. Other apps such as CamScanner are also helpful.
- Please include ALL DOCUMENTS in your application, including the GPA Calculator. If you gave your GPA Calculator to Mrs. Myers before school closed and did not get it back, you do not need to upload it. She has it and will keep it for you.
- The new application deadline is April 18 at 11:59 PM. If you turned in your application to the front office before school closed, you do not need to do anything. We have those applications already.
- It is likely that the induction ceremony will take place in the fall. We appreciate your patience as our committee works through the applications and decides on membership in the coming months.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We are grateful for all the work you have done to get your applications ready and wish you the best of luck!
Mrs. Myers & Ms. Rastrick
Juniors applying for NHS membership in the spring of 2020 should first calculate their current GPA on the GPA Calculator link below (you will need a copy of your current transcript and most recent report card to calculate). The minimum requirement to apply is a 3.5 unweighted or 4.0 weighted GPA after the first semester of the junior year. Once calculated, students should bring their transcript, copy of their report card and a copy of the completed GPA calculator to Mrs. Myers or Ms. Rastrick, before or after school only. Once eligibility is verified, you will be instructed to complete the application below.
Completed applications are due March 13 by 4:00pm to the front office. Late applications WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the advisory committee for NHS membership.
After opening the link, you will need to download the document to complete the required information. Only complete the green boxes on the GPA Calculator.