Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to second grade! I am so excited to be on this journey with you! Below are 10 facts about me!
1. I am married with 1 daughter, Ava Claire. She is 1 year old.
2. I love football! My college team is the ECU Pirates and my professional team is the Carolina Panthers. I love to go to games and cheer both teams on.
3.. I graduated from Western Guilford High School here in Greensboro in 2001. I graduated from East Carolina University with my teaching degree in 2005. I received my Master's Degree from East Carolina University in May of 2019.
4. I have taught for 14 years. I have taught kindergarten, first and second grade. I also taught a year of a combo in first and second grade.
5. My husband and I have 1 cat named Griace. We have two dogs, Luke and Brian.
6. I was born and raised in Greensboro. I have lived in Greensboro NC, and Greenville NC.
7. My favorite city to visit is New York. I love it there and have been three times so far. I can't wait to go back again.
8. My favorite beach is Emerald Isle NC. I have been going there with my family since I was 10 years old. We love to go and sit in the sand all day and relax. We also get to watch dolphins while we are there swim up and down the beach.
9. If I could do anything in the world it would be to work with elephants. I have loved them since I was little and have a collection of elephant stuff. Elephant items are considered lucky if they have their trunks up and elephants really do remember everything.
10. I have wanted to be a teacher since I can remember. I love my job and find it very rewarding. People often say, "I don't know how you do it" and I think to myself "I don't know how I could do anything else".