Oak Hill Elementary School's history goes back more than 100 years ago. The school was originally founded by the members of The Oak Hill Friends Meeting. According to the High Point Enterprise in 2008, a small one room log school house was built by Jacob and Addison Hedgecock close to the current intersection of the Burton Avenue and English Road intersection. Around 1880, Professor Charles Demming purchased the school house and the acre of land it was built on, from Addison Hedgecock. In 1910, the school was re-built further down Burton Avenue for a more modern school. Our current school was built in the late 1970's on Wrightenberry Drive and currently serves over 450 students.