Thank you for stopping by to visit our first grade class website where "All kids are gifted, some just open their packages earlier than others" (Michael Carr). Just a little information about me. I graduated from Shaw University with a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration and ECU with a Masters in Math and Language Arts.
This will be my 14th year teaching. I have taught high school, as well as 5th, 3rd, and1st grades.
In my spare time I enjoy reading inspirational books and spending time with family.
This Year in Math, your child will
- Count and write numbers to 120
- Compare Numbers
- Use Place Value to understand adding and subtracting
- Add a 2-digit number to a 1-digit number
- Use mental math to find 10 more and 10 less
- Use properties of operations to add and subtract
- Tell and Write Time
- Order objects by length
- Organize, represent, and interpret data
- Demonstrate Fluency for addition and Subtraction
This Year in ELA, your child will
- Recognize 100 high frequency words