Welcome to 7th grade math! I am so glad to be a part of the Northern community. I have been here since NGMS opened in 2008! Prior to 2008, I was at Northwest Middle.
A little bit about me.
- I am originally from Maryland, grew up there and in Blacksburg, VA. My family came to Greensboro where I attended high school.
- I have a Bachelor's degrees in Education from UNCG
- I have been teaching for many years and I love teaching and learning from the people around me.
- I have been coaching Girl's Track for 17 years and I love every minute of it.
- I am married, have a son and dog.
- In my free time (what is that, really??), I like to stay healthy, play with Braden, enjoy family time and try new restaurants.
I currently teach Math 7 and Math 1.
- Math 7 students will take an EOG at the end of the school year
- Math 1 students will take the EOG and EOC at the end of the year; the EOC score will count toward 20% of the student's overall average, and will count as earned credit for this high school graduation requirement.
While many students are uncomfortable in the math classroom, I know that with a variety of instructional practices, students can have successes that build their confidence and ability. I enjoy seeing students grow and strive to learn more.