Welcome to Math! I am so glad to be at Northern, and I am a charter staff member as I have been here since NGMS opened in 2006!
A little bit about me:
- I am originally from New York, grew up there and in Maryland, and moved to Greensboro to attend Guilford College...and I haven't left yet:)
- I have two Bachelor's degrees (in Education and Psychology) from Guilford College and a Master's degree in Middle Grades Math Education from UNCG
- I have been teaching for over 20 years...and love what I do:)
- I am married, have a cat, and two nieces
- In my free time, I like reading, walking/running, playing trivia, hanging out with friends (socially-distanced, masked, and virtually, of course!)
For the 2021-2022 school year, I will be teaching 7th Grade Math 1 and 8th Grade Math 2...I'm excited about teaching both grade levels:) I love teaching kids not only how to do math, but how to use it. There are so many everyday applications of math that we often don't realize we are using math!
I believe that every one can do math! It may come easily to some and require a little extra effort from others, but we can all do it...learning is a process!