Welcome to the Academically Gifted Department
The GCS AIG Plan 2022-2025 was approved by the Board of Education on June 28, 2022. Click here to view the new AIG Plan.
Guilford Gifted, formerly known as P.A.G.E., is a non-profit organization where families can support our community’s brightest young minds with strong advocacy for the advancement of gifted education. Membership is Free. Join and "Advocate Today for a Gifted Tomorrow"! Click here to download the flyer and find out how to become a member.
The GCS Academically Gifted Department is committed to providing rigorous, challenging, and differentiated instruction to students who demonstrate a need for services beyond the regular education setting.
We provide support for more than 14,000 advanced students in grades K-12, including:
- Grades K-2 Consultative Services
- Nurture in grades 2 and 3
- Grades 3-5 AIG pull-out enrichment services
- Grades 3-5 Maximizing Academic Potential (MAP) talent development services
- Grades 6-8 advanced/accelerated course options in Math and English/Language Arts
- Grades 9-12 rigorous advanced coursework, including AP, IB, and dual enrollment opportunities
- Consultative support for classroom teachers K-12 in differentiated instruction and understanding the unique needs of the gifted learner
Exciting opportunities available to AG students:
- Academic All-Star Summer Camp for rising 9th graders
- 30 different Advanced Placement (AP) courses offered districtwide
- Challenging International Baccalaureate (IB) programs at four GCS high schools
- 2 Early College options for high school (Early College at Guilford and STEM Early College at NC A&T)