Welcome to Exceptional Children Services
The Guilford County Schools' Exceptional Children Services works as a collaborative team to serve and advocate for students with disabilities through the provision of personalized instruction in the least restrictive environment in order for students to develop cognitively, socially, vocationally and emotionally.
Exceptional Children Services, also called special education, is defined as:
- Specially designed instruction designed to meet the unique needs of a student with a disability
- Access to the general curriculum and intervention programs are designed to provide maximum opportunities for instruction in the general education setting.
- Full continuum of service
- Curriculum driven instruction using the North Carolina Standard Course of Study and the North Carolina Extended Content Standards
- Related services that include but are not limited to speech, occupational and physical therapy
134 Franklin Boulevard
Greensboro, NC 27401
The Mission of the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction - Exceptional Children Division Is to ensure that students with disabilities develop intellectually, physically, emotionally, and vocationally through the provision of an appropriate individualized program in the least restrictive environment.