The Guilford County Schools' Exceptional Children Services works as a collaborative team to serve and advocate for students with disabilities through the provision of personalized instruction in the least restrictive environment in order for students to develop cognitively, socially, vocationally and emotionally.
Exceptional Children Services, also called special education, is defined as:
- Specially designed instruction designed to meet the unique needs of a student with a disability
- Access to the general curriculum and intervention programs are designed to provide maximum opportunities for instruction in the general education setting.
- Full continuum of service
- Curriculum driven instruction using the North Carolina Standard Course of Study and the North Carolina Extended Content Standards
- Related services that include but are not limited to speech, occupational and physical therapy
April 7, 2022
6:00pm - 8:00pm
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend this virtual information session.
Parents, We want to hear from you!
134 Franklin Boulevard
Greensboro, NC 27401
Phone: (336) 370-2323
Fax: (336) 370-2326
Dr. Kimberly Steinke
Exceptional Children Services
Director EC Secondary School Support
- Kristy Peralta
EC Secondary Support Supervisor
Director EC Elementary School Support
- Stephanie Ruffin
EC Elementary Support Supervisor
Exceptional Children Preschool Services (EC PreK)
1401 Summit Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27405
Phone: (336) 294-7473
Debika Dillard, Director of EC PreK
- Kristy Peralta
The Mission of the Exceptional Children Division Is to Ensure That Students with Disabilities Develop Intellectually, Physically, Emotionally, and Vocationally Through the Provision of an Appropriate Individualized Program in the Least Restrictive Environment.