Welcome Tiger Nation Freshman! 9th grade is a very important and exciting time for you as young adults.
What you do NOW can and will impact your high school years as well as your post-secondary plans.
Start strong, remain strong and end strong!
Now that you are in 9th grade, it's time to get serious about your post-secondary plans….
· By starting early, you'll be better prepared.
· Explore Programs and Majors
· Don't neglect your study habits!
· Keep up the good work and continue to improve your study skills.
· Add to or open a college savings account
· Every bit you and your parents put aside for college helps when it’s time to enroll.
· Talk to your school counselors, teachers, family members or trusted adults about your plans for college.
· If you're not sure if college is the best option for you, talk to your counselor.
· Use Your Plan of Study to keep track of your courses and grades.
· Invite your counselor to view Your Plan of Study
· Find out about college entrance requirements for the schools you're interested in.
· College Search
· Create a file with report cards, lists of awards and honors, school and community activities, and volunteer work.
· Find out about AP and other honors-level courses.
· Continue to get involved in campus and community activities.
· How are you spending your summer?
· Volunteering and educational programs can help give you a better idea about what kind of training or career would be right for you.
· Student Enrichment Programs
· College life can be a big change — you're on your own!
· Try taking some small steps towards independence this year, perhaps with more responsibility around your house.