GCS COVID Information & Procedures
When you have children who are exhibiting the following COVID-like symptoms, please notify the school:
Fever, chills, vomiting, nausea, headache, body aches, fatigue, runny nose, congestion, cough, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, shortness of breath, diarrhea.
GCS is following CDC guidelines. Students who exhibit any of these symptoms should:
- Remain home for 5 days (if they don’t get tested for COVID)
- Get tested for COVID
- Negative test- Can return to school, if symptom free without use of fever-reducing medication for 24 hours
- Positive test- Must stay home for 5 days; continue to wear mask at school for additional 5 days
- All positive COVID cases should be reported to the school.
- If your child has been EXPOSED to someone who is positive for COVID, and is not showing symptoms, he/she does not need to quarantine.
If you have any questions regarding the guidelines, please feel free to contact us at school.