What is Start with Hello?
START WITH HELLO is a spirit week dedicated to teach our children to be more inclusive and connected to each other. In every school and in every community, there are young people who suffer silently because they feel left out, alone or invisible... especially at lunchtime, recess and other moments where friends gather together. We want to help students start back-to-school and immediately feel seen, accepted and safe. The focus this week will be on kindness and commitment to community...Together we are STRONGER!
Start with Hello Activities
- Monday: "Unity Day" Wear green as a school community.
- Tuesday: "Mismatched Tuesday" Wear mismatched socks and/or shoes. What might it feel like to walk a mile in someone else's shoes? Think before you act!
- Wednesday: "Dream of Kindness Day" Wear your pajamas today and think about what our world would be like if we included others instead of leaving them out.
- Thursday: Learn to SAY HELLO a different way! Pick a new language and practice it with everyone you meet today.
- Friday: Start with Hello wrap up! How many students, families and staff can you find that speak or know a different language? Let's celebrate our wonderful differences and learn from one another! START WITH HELLO dance party during recess!