EOG Information (please note Grades 6-8 information will be shared later this week)
During the final ten days of the school year as part of North Carolina Testing law (G.S. § 115C-174), your 3rd - 5th grade child is required to take the End-of-Grade (EOG) Tests. All elementary students have been assigned to test at Gillespie Park Elementary (1900 Martin Luther King Jr Drive, Greensboro).
Please see the testing schedule and the end of the year calendar of events below.
*Students with IEP/504s will receive their appropriate accommodations on their test date. Some students will be contacted directly to receive an alternate test date to meet their individualized needs.
*Students who require bus transportation will receive the bus schedule by May 19, 2023.
Testing Guidelines (We will discuss further during the Information Session):
- The testing day will be from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p. All students must arrive no later than 8:15 a.m. Testing will start promptly at 8:30 a.m.
- Students should be dropped of at the rear entrance of Gillespie Park (bus lot), in the drop off lane, beginning at 7:45 AM and no later than 8:15 AM. Parents should remain in the car when dropping off student. Dismissal will begin at 1:00 p.m. Parents should remain in the car in the pick up lane, when picking up student.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided for each testing day. Students may also bring their own breakfast and lunch. Students will eat in their respective testing classrooms.
- Students may also bring a water bottle, but they are not allowed to drink during testing.
- Students will be given breaks during testing.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the campus for lunch or breaks.
- Please remember to bring your fully-charged GCS Chromebook & charger.
- All other electronic devices are prohibited. Cellphones must be completely turned off and stored in a bookbag or purse.
- Students must adhere to the Guilford County Schools dress code. Pajamas are not allowed.
- Some students may finish testing early and are allowed to read a book or other reading material.
- Students are NOT allowed to leave until the testing session has ended for the day at 1 p.m.